Sunday, October 11, 2009

OpenWorld Day 1 - User Group Sunday

What a great start to OpenWorld. The User Group Forum has been a huge success. Great content and discussion around many Oracle technologies. My day started meeting new people and talking about the IOUG at the User Group Pavilion. If you need more information about any of the user groups, stop by the pavilion and check out the offerings. Linux and virtualization are two hot topics and the expert round table session proved that. We had two people from the Oracle Linux and VM teams that answered many questions about the environments. We also had several users on the panel that have experience implementing Linux in both virtualized and non-virutalized environments. There are several more sessions this week so check them out!

My other session this afternoon was a Town Hall meeting with the Oracle Software Security Assurance team. What a group of security minded people these guys were! Critical Patch Updates, My Oracle Support, and PSU's were all hot topics. Watch for announcements from IOUG for some future follow-up webcasts. We will probably be going more in depth into My Oracle Support and how to read the risk matrices for CPUs.

I'm off to listen to Larry Ellison and Scott McNealy. Should be in interesting presentation. More to come tomorrow. I have my PeopleSoft/Grid Control plug-in presentation tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a big crowd and some more good discussion. If you are around Moscone West tomorrow, stop by the User Group Pavilion and say Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment