Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Interview Questions for Collaborate #c10

After much deliberation and thought, I finally decided to go a completely different direction for Collaborate 10 and do something for Professional Development. In the past I have presented on Clusterware, Data Guard, Oracle Portal, and, most recently, the PeopleSoft Management Pack for Grid Control. So, now for something completely different, I thought it would be fun to do something on interviewing.

Over the years, I have probably been on more than my fair share of interviews. Fortunately, so far, all have been by choice. The thing that always strikes me is the different types of questions that are asked. Some really make you think about your own experience and can trigger some good discussion. Others almost make you laugh. Not that I think it is a good thing to laugh at an interviewer, but at the same time they really make you wonder if this is a place you want to work. I have gathered several of these and have put together an abstract of the best and worst questions to ask or be asked in an interview. Some are down right funny and some should be standard because they show how people think and what their real experiences are.

If you want to hear what I think are good or bad, you'll have to attend Collaborate and check it out. What I would like are other examples from people that might be good to put into the presentation. Shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment and let me know if you have some really good, or really bad, interview questions. It should be kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment