Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oracle Releases Grid Control 10g Release 5 – Follow-up

I just received a follow-up to the webinar yesterday and it is now posted online. You can go to Oracle Technology Network and listen to the recorded webinar here.

After my post yesterday, I received a note on LinkedIn from Rich Schwerin, Senior Product Marketing Manager with the Linux and VM group at Oracle. I have worked with Rich in the past on a roundtable at OpenWorld 2008 and he put me in touch with a couple people for webinars for the IOUG Linux SIG. He reminded me about the new VM features that Oracle put into 10gR5. This is very cool because you can manage the entire stack, right down to the virtual hosts, through the centralized console. Add that to the Linux management pack that is included with your support license for Oracle Enterprise Linux and you really do have a top down management opportunity.

I encourage you to check out the webinar and technical information if you are a VM and/or Enterprise Linux user. The new features should help to make our jobs much easier.

Thanks for the note Rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment