Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The 5 Ws of My Blog

For my initial blog entry, I decided to ask myself and then answer a few questions. Who am I? Why would I write a blog? What will I write about? Where can you find my interests on the internet? When will I post entries to my blog?

Who Am I?

Ah yes, one of the most asked questions in the universe. My name is Todd Sheetz. I am an Oracle DBA in the Milwaukee, WI area. I currently work for Veolia Environmental services and support a PeopleSoft/Oracle 10g environment. I live, with my wife and two daughters, in Waukesha, a suburb of Milwaukee. I am an active member of the Independent Oracle User Group, but more on that later.


Why would I write a blog?

For lack of a better reason, why not? I figure this will help me to organize thoughts, hopefully start some discussions, and be one more area to promote groups and events that I think are worthwhile.


What will I write about?

For the most part, I plan on writing about projects I am working on and organizations I am involved with. Other “life” topics may find their way here, but those will be few. My interests, work-wise, include Oracle database administration, Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Linux, PeopleSoft administration, and disaster recovery. Besides work, I am a member of the Independent Oracle User Group and have been very involved in the Special Interest Groups. I will be posting updates about the going’s on of those groups also.


Where can you find my interests on the internet?

Besides trying to see how this blogging thing will go, I am on LinkedIn and Facebook. I will have links as I go to www.ioug.org and various SIG events.


When will I post entries to my blog?

Usually, I plan on posting when something interesting piques my interest. There are several webinars coming up that I will be participating in so I will post links and possibly summaries for those. Otherwise, it will just be when I have something that I think others may be interested in.

Until next time… stay clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment